About Oxley Enterprises®, Inc.
Oxley Enterprises,® Inc. is an economic disadvantaged woman-owned, service disabled veteran-owned, small disadvantaged business consulting company helping organizations improve performance, enhance productivity, and increase overall organizational effectiveness through strategic planning, performance management, quality management, process management, project management, human capital development, transformational workshops, IT Benchmarking, and information technology integration.
Oxley provides dynamic, mission-aligned strategies and solutions to help organizations across the spectrum of business and government address these challenges today and thrive tomorrow. Oxley professionals apply a diverse knowledge of process and technical consultation experience to support organizations in identifying business and program needs, and maximizing return on investment. Oxley is dedicated to providing each and every client with a full range of management consulting services and continuous learning and improvement opportunities to help them expand both their capacities and capabilities. Oxley has experience within government organizations specifically geared toward improving the performance, quality, timeliness and efficiency of processes, programs and strategies.
The Database Administrator is responsible for the installation, configuration, upgrading, administration, monitoring, maintenance, and security of databases.
Minimum/General Experience: 8+ years IT experience; 4+ years database experience.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, computer science, or other applicable discipline
Security: Veteran’s Affairs Background Investigation (BI) – 10 years
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides significant experience in the set-up, configuration, and maintenance of databases both internal and external to the VA.
- Provides a wide knowledge of database support and the interaction with other systems.
- Assists with all aspects of the database administrative tasks. This includes up-time, tuning, security patches, and database software upgrades.
- Responsible for design, development and deployment of the database releases.
- Provide data modeling support.
- Provides database support to ongoing development efforts including modeling new database enhancements, developing database scripts to apply schema updates, and database tuning and analysis to support ongoing troubleshooting effort.
- Provide production support during deployment increments.
- Utilizes Rational tools including ClearCase, ClearQuest, and Requisite Pro and the newer Rational Jazz Suite including Rational Team Concert (RTC).
- Contributes to the development and review of project / product documentation.
- Follows enterprise PMAS/ProPath process and standards; ensures the completion of required documentation.
Essential Job Qualifications (skills, knowledge, experience)
- VA BI – 10 year period, National Agency Check records, DoD Defense Central Investigations Index, FBI name check, FBI fingerprint check, credit report covering 10 years, written inquiries to previous employers and references, interview with subject, spouse, neighbors, supervisor, co-workers, court records, law enforcement check, verification of educational degree
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card)
- Ability to work from home and perform duties with a remote located team
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Other Related Field)
- Must have 8+ years system administration experience
- Must have 4+ years database administration experience
- Minimum of 2 years with VA OIT Product Development (PD) (a plus)
- Minimum of 2 years with VA clinical applications (a plus)
- Extensive experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity / Experience with VA PMAS Guide / ProPath Artifacts (a plus)
- Familiarity / Experience with Agile Principles / SCRUM Framework (a plus)
- Familiarity / Experience with Linux based Cache relational databases in support of Java Applications; willingness to learn (a plus)
- Familiarity / Experience with VMS based Cache file based databases in support of VistA Applications on M/ ICU Accounts; willingness to learn (a plus)
- Familiarity / Experience with System Administration of WebLogic Application Servers (a plus)
- Experience with Object-Oriented Analysis / Design (a plus)
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) (a plus)
- Experience with IBM Rational Jazz Suite (a plus)
- Working knowledge of VA Product Development (PD) ProPath and PMAS a plus
Please submit resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our website at www.oxleyenterprises.com to learn more about our organization.
Oxley Enterprises®, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.