About Oxley Enterprises®, Inc.
Oxley Enterprises,® Inc. is an economic disadvantaged woman-owned, service disabled veteran-owned, small disadvantaged business consulting company helping organizations improve performance, enhance productivity, and increase overall organizational effectiveness through strategic planning, performance management, quality management, process management, project management, human capital development, transformational workshops, IT Benchmarking, and information technology integration.
Oxley provides dynamic, mission-aligned strategies and solutions to help organizations across the spectrum of business and government address these challenges today and thrive tomorrow. Oxley professionals apply a diverse knowledge of process and technical consultation experience to support organizations in identifying business and program needs, and maximizing return on investment. Oxley is dedicated to providing each and every client with a full range of management consulting services and continuous learning and improvement opportunities to help them expand both their capacities and capabilities. Oxley has experience within government organizations specifically geared toward improving the performance, quality, timeliness and efficiency of processes, programs and strategies.
The Bookkeeper is responsible for supporting the Vice President of Finance and Administration in accounting and financial tasks.
Minimum/General Experience: 2 – 3 years of experience in accounting, bookkeeping, or office management.
Minimum Education: High School; Bachelors degree preferred
- Experience with Quickbooks
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations, and company financial policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of business practices and procedures, and internal controls.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of financial accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting principles, methods, techniques, and standards as applied within a consulting environment to include, but not limited to.
- Cost accounting
- Government cost accounting
- Generally accepted accounting principles
- Time and attendance
- Contract monitoring against budgets
- Payroll administration
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in financial and/or accounting applications.
- Knowledge of software to quantify and illustrate complex financial reports, comparisons, impacts, and/or projections.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections.
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
- Ability to work in a non-traditional office setting.
Primary tasks/activities include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of Oxley Enterprises®, Inc. mission, values, operating philosophy, products/services, processes, leadership system, organizational structure, and business strategy.
- Complete mandatory and development training and activities.
- Develop, document, and update processes and procedures.
Tasks/activities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs payroll
- 15th of month (by 18th of month)
- Last day of month (by 3rd of next month)
- Pays monthly, quarterly, and annual payroll taxes
- Processes and pays Accounts Payable
- Reconcile receipts to bills
- Pay bills weekly
- QuickBooks maintenance
- Receives Accounts Receivable
- Generates weekly, 15th of month, and EOM invoices
- Performs End of Month Reconciliations
- Budget v actual monthly and YTD
- Enters credit card and bank transactions into Quickbooks and expense reports
- Reconciles credit cards and bank statements
- Generates Cash and Accrual financial statements: BS, PS, AP, AR
- Updates Cash Flow spreadsheet
- Updates Projections spreadsheet
- Scans items to support reports
- Updates Contract Program Management Tracking
- Updates spreadsheets
Please submit resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our website at www.oxleyenterprises.com to learn more about our organization.
Oxley Enterprises®, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.