About Oxley Enterprises®, Inc.
Oxley Enterprises,® Inc. is an economic disadvantaged woman-owned, service disabled veteran-owned, small disadvantaged business consulting company helping organizations improve performance, enhance productivity, and increase overall organizational effectiveness through strategic planning, performance management, quality management, process management, project management, human capital development, transformational workshops, IT Benchmarking, and information technology integration.
Oxley provides dynamic, mission-aligned strategies and solutions to help organizations across the spectrum of business and government address these challenges today and thrive tomorrow. Oxley professionals apply a diverse knowledge of process and technical consultation experience to support organizations in identifying business and program needs, and maximizing return on investment. Oxley is dedicated to providing each and every client with a full range of management consulting services and continuous learning and improvement opportunities to help them expand both their capacities and capabilities. Oxley has experience within government organizations specifically geared toward improving the performance, quality, timeliness and efficiency of processes, programs and strategies.
The JAVA Developer is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining web-based Java applications to support business requirements.
Minimum/General Experience: Senior 5 years (minimum); Expert 8 years (minimum)
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience
Security: Ability to pass a government suitability review to include background and credit checks; VA Moderate Background Investigation (MBI)
Duties and Responsibilities:
The JAVA Developer provides program support to enable the Veterans Affairs Pharmacy Reengineering (PRE) Pharmacy Enterprise Customization System (PECS) Development program.
- Designs, develops, implements, and maintains web-based Java applications to support business requirements.
- Codes and Unit Tests new functionality and enhancements
- Performs Integration testing
- Participates in code review, prepares, documents, and executes unit testing under supervision
- Supports test sites
- Provides input and prepares reports
- Works with Database Administrator (DBA)
- Works with Technical Writers, SQA, Architects, Analysts, and EPS
- Analyzes technical issues
- Collaborates with other groups
- Provides and reviews needed documentation changes
- Works with Capacity Management (mostly has to do with how quick messages are sent back and forth – applies to M and JAVA)
- Writes System Design document (SDD) and Interface Control document (ICD) and other documentation as designated within the ProPath process.
- Reviews vendor documentation
- Provides input to schedule
- Communicates results to team
- Assists with test plan, scripts
- Utilizes Rational Jazz tool suit including RTC, RRM, and RQM
- Utilizes Rational Software Modeler
- Contributes to the review of project documentation
- Follows enterprise ProPath process and standards; ensures the completion of required documentation
Essential Job Qualifications (skills, knowledge, experience)
- Moderate Background Investigation (MBI) A MBI is conducted by OPM and covers a 5-year period. It consists of a review of National Agency Check (NAC) records [OPM Security Investigations Index (SII), DOD Defense Central Investigations Index (DCII), FBI name check, and a FBI fingerprint check], a credit report covering a period of 5 years, written inquiries to previous employers and references listed on the application for employment; an interview with the subject, law enforcement check; and a verification of the educational degree.
- U.S. Citizenship or permanent resident
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work from home and perform duties with a remote located team
- Veterans Affairs Pharmacy process knowledge is a plus
- VistA experience is a plus
- Intermediate to expert degree of knowledge of Java (including Java Enterprise Edition), coding practices and theories
- Experience with the following tools/standards is helpful:
- Apache Commons
- Oracle Database
- InterSystems Cache Database
- Spring Framework
- WebLogic Server
- Basic understanding of testing tools and test scripts
- Experienced with the Agile SDM process
- Experienced with browser-based technologies
- Experienced with web services
- General knowledge of PMAS / ProPath, One VA TRM, Section 508 Compliance, etc.
- Strong understanding of software development methodology applying Agile Principles / Scrum Framework
- Strong understanding of software development using JEE technologies
- General understanding of related clinical domains and software technologies
- Acts as a team member by providing information, analysis, and recommendations in support of team efforts
- Self-starter within defined parameters and performs work assigned by others
Please submit resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our website at www.oxleyenterprises.com to learn more about our organization.
Oxley Enterprises®, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.