About Oxley Enterprises®, Inc.
Oxley Enterprises,® Inc. is an economic disadvantaged woman-owned, service disabled veteran-owned, small disadvantaged business consulting company helping organizations improve performance, enhance productivity, and increase overall organizational effectiveness through strategic planning, performance management, quality management, process management, project management, human capital development, transformational workshops, IT Benchmarking, and information technology integration.
Oxley provides dynamic, mission-aligned strategies and solutions to help organizations across the spectrum of business and government address these challenges today and thrive tomorrow. Oxley professionals apply a diverse knowledge of process and technical consultation experience to support organizations in identifying business and program needs, and maximizing return on investment. Oxley is dedicated to providing each and every client with a full range of management consulting services and continuous learning and improvement opportunities to help them expand both their capacities and capabilities. Oxley has experience within government organizations specifically geared toward improving the performance, quality, timeliness and efficiency of processes, programs and strategies.
The Senior Network Administrator maintains computing environment by identifying network requirements; installing upgrades; and monitoring network performances for cloud migration projects.
Minimum/General Experience: 5 years experience
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other applicable discipline
Security: Veteran’s Affairs Moderate Background Investigation – 5 years
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols
- Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements
- Installs and integrates new server hardware and applications
- Supports and administers third-party applications
- Ensures network security and connectivity
- Sets up user accounts, permissions and passwords
- Resolves problems reported by end user
Essential Job Qualifications (skills, knowledge, experience)
- VA Moderate Background Investigation (required) – 5 year period, National Agency Check records, DoD Defense Central Investigations Index, FBI name check, FBI fingerprint check, credit report covering 5 years, written inquiries to previous employers and references, interview with subject, spouse, neighbors, supervisor, co-workers, court records, law enforcement check, verification of educational degree
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card)
- Ability to work from home and perform duties with a remote located team
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Other Related Field)
- Ability to work with multiple teams of administrators involving multiple diverse networks at both the enterprise and local level
- Knowledge to create plans to assure effective management, operations, and maintenance of systems and/or networks
- Cognizant of all agency policies regarding computer access and firewall and network protection technologies and creates the plans to implement
- Network Performance Tuning
- LAN Knowledge
- Network Design and Implementation
- Problem Solving
Please submit resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our website at www.oxleyenterprises.com to learn more about our organization.
Oxley Enterprises®, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.