About Oxley Enterprises®, Inc.
Oxley Enterprises,® Inc. is an economic disadvantaged woman-owned, service disabled veteran-owned, small disadvantaged business consulting company helping organizations improve performance, enhance productivity, and increase overall organizational effectiveness through strategic planning, performance management, quality management, process management, project management, human capital development, transformational workshops, IT Benchmarking, and information technology integration.
Oxley provides dynamic, mission-aligned strategies and solutions to help organizations across the spectrum of business and government address these challenges today and thrive tomorrow. Oxley professionals apply a diverse knowledge of process and technical consultation experience to support organizations in identifying business and program needs, and maximizing return on investment. Oxley is dedicated to providing each and every client with a full range of management consulting services and continuous learning and improvement opportunities to help them expand both their capacities and capabilities. Oxley has experience within government organizations specifically geared toward improving the performance, quality, timeliness and efficiency of processes, programs and strategies.
The Systems Administrator is responsible for the configuration, uptime, performance, resources, and security of computers and servers.
Minimum/General Experience: 3+ years IT experience
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, computer science, or other applicable discipline
Security: Veteran’s Affairs Moderate Background Investigation – 5 years
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Systems Administrator provides program support to the Department of Veterans Affairs Pharmacy Re-engineering (PRE) Program’s clinical decision support tools (e.g.., Medication Order Checking Health Care Application (MOCHA), Pharmacy Enterprise Customization System (PECS), Pharmacy Product System (PPS), PRE Inbound ePrescribing); utilities (e.g., MOCHA Server, Data Update (DATUP), and other PRE programs (e.g., One VA Pharmacy, PRE Interoperability, Pharmacy GUI, Pharmacy Inventory). Performs System Administration functions to support software development and Software Quality Assurance (SQA) test systems including system, and application software including “HeV” and VistA” Caché; communication and collaboration with stakeholders; documentation of procedures used for installation and confirmation, and configurations.
- Supports Senior Systems Administrator(s) in all systems administration tasks
- Performs assigned tasks by Senior Systems Administrator(s) according to directions, processes and procedures, timelines
- Configures and maintains Linux servers. On-going support includes updating server configurations, tuning, installing security patches, and server software upgrades, and troubleshooting
- Designs, develops and deploys servers
- Provides production support during deployment increments
- Utilizes Rational tools (e.g., Rational Quality Manager (RQM), Rational Team Concert (RTC), DOORs)
- Contributes to the development and review of project / product documentation
- Follows Project Veteran Focused Integration Process (VIP) and standards; ensures the completion of required documentation
- Configures WebLogic server and deploy Java applications
- Works with SQA to help test application interoperability, as needed
- Ensures that coordination with VA operations staff is documented and updated in the: Memorandum of Understanding/Interconnection Service Agreement, Production Operations Manual., Installation Guide, Rollback/Backout Plan, and Implementation/Deployment Plan
- Updates system diagrams or documentation that details each PRE system overview including an Environment Diagram/Table Report showing existing and planned environments; planned and implemented changes, enhancements and expansions; system administration procedures and configurations; risk mitigation; testing results, performance and capacity metrics, and system relevant licensing
- Defines, establishes, and maintains documentation of configurations, settings, and technical adjustments relative to the set up and initial operation of all PRE servers and services included in the Environment Diagram/Table report showing existing and planned environments. Configuration documentation shall be consistently appended and revised as settings and services change
- Adds, removes, or updates user account information for the PRE team members (approximately 30) and maintains system access based on approved user access requests for assigned software development and SQA systems in accordance with VA security policy. Administration of user access accounts shall include updating and maintaining names, logins, passwords, access authorizations, shared directories, permissions, assigned systems, and directories
- Manages the configuration change process and monitor the outage notification and reporting process to ensure that appropriate user notifications are obtained and sent to the users, configuration change and change management documentation is accurate, and reporting of changes to environments or of outages is completed in a timely and efficient manner
Essential Job Qualifications (skills, knowledge, experience)
- VA Moderate Background Investigation (required) – 5 year period, National Agency Check records, DoD Defense Central Investigations Index, FBI name check, FBI fingerprint check, credit report covering 5 years, written inquiries to previous employers and references, interview with subject, spouse, neighbors, supervisor, co-workers, court records, law enforcement check, verification of educational degree
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card)
- Ability to work from home and perform duties with a remote located team
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Other Related Field)
- Must have 3+ years system administration experience
- Must have Linux/Unix experience
- WebLogic administration experience a plus
Please submit resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Visit our website at www.oxleyenterprises.com to learn more about our organization.
Oxley Enterprises®, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.